Joined: 06 Apr 2007
Karma: +1 (1)
Location: Pee Wee Hill, In The Upper Hunter Valley Somewhere, NSW, Australia
|Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:28 pm Post subject: 2011 Islands Fiesta
Spread over 2 weekends at opposite ends of the year to ensure the best possible propagation for radio operators in both hemispheres, the 2011 EMU Islands Fiesta (EIF) © promises to be the biggest and most exciting experience for Islands On The Air (IOTA) enthusiasts on the world 11m calendar, regardless of whichever club they are associated with.
Not only does Part 1 of the EMU Islands Fiesta (EIF) coincide with the popular Oceania Contest but with IOTA activities from a number of affiliated clubs set to take place in continents in both hemispheres, this E.M.U. project can be described as an Islands DX-travaganza of the greatest kind not just for IOTA Hunters chasing new islands but for serious IOTA DXpeditioners also!
2011 Islands Fiesta Guidelines (Draft)
* Part 1: January 8 00:00 UTC January 9 23:59 UTC
* Part 2: June 4 00:00 UTC June 5 23:59 UTC
* EMU affiliated and non-affiliated clubs and members are invited to participate
* To facilitate advertising of the event, all IOTA DXpedition teams must register their intended participation by contacting the Project Manager/s with the necessary details (i.e. Island to be activated, station, team members, callsign, etc.). Please note that all details must first be approved by the affiliated or non-affiliated clubs HQ Team.
* EMU does not issue callsigns for this event. Instead, participants are encouraged to use the systems in place within their own club and to follow the accepted IOTA callsign protocols of past activities which involves using the RSGB reference number as the callsign suffix (e.g. 14OD/EU-XXX, or 3AC/SA-XXX, or 43DA/OC-XXX, etc.).
* Advice or assistance will be provided by the Project Managers if required
Frequencies & Modes
* 2627 MHz (Participants are encouraged to adhere to their national frequency allocation for citizens band operations)
* SSB, AM, FM
1. Home IOTA Operator/Team (i.e. Operator/s TX from his own island home)
2. DXpedition Operator/Team (i.e. Operator/s TX from an island which is not their normal residence)
3. IOTA Hunter (i.e. Operator who works IOTA stations from his home or portable location)
* To be judged as valid IOTA in this project, all proofs must be submitted to the F.A.C.T. (See http://www.emudx.com/fact/)
* Activating teams must provide all proofs (pictures, videos, GPS, etc.) within 1 month of the event taking place so that the activation can validated.
* If no sufficient proofs are received, the activation will be deemed as non-valid and the contacts made will not be taken into account for point scoring or the exchange of QSL cards.
* All proofs must be sent no later than 1 month after the activity to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post mail.
* Participants are encouraged to adhere to their own clubs DXpedition and proofs protocol also
Scoring (for IOTA Hunters)
You are in
2 pts 5 pts 10 pts 15 pts 30 pts 50 pts 100 pts
EU EU AF AS NA SA OC AN
NA NA SA EU OC AF AS AN
SA SA NA EU AN AF OC AS
AF AF EU AS SA NA AN OC
AS AS OC EU AF NA AN SA
OC OC AS NA SA AN EU AF
AN AN AF OC SA EU NA SA
* Any island, islet, atoll sand or coral cay referenced by the following organisations:
Radio Society of Great Britain (RSGB) IOTA Program
D.I.F.M. French Islands
English Island Award program (EIA)
The Italian Islands Award (I.I.A)
The Diploma Islas Espanolas (D.I.E)
QSL Confirmation Cards
* Each radio group will have to confirm their own contacts via a QSL manager. When a new card design is required, the Project Manager is happy to forward the EMU logo for use.
* A special EMU QSL card showing all participating stations will also be available from QSL managers of affiliated radio clubs
* Full Colour certificate for place getters in each category (Includes Continental IOTA Hunters)
* Trophy Medallion for place getters in each category (Except Continental IOTA Hunters)
* EMU IOTA Directory/Log Book for placegetters in each category (Except Continental IOTA Hunters)
* Many EMU affiliated clubs (e.g. Oscar Delta, Alfa Romeo and the Dx Adventure Radio Club) offer members a wide range of excellent awards in recognition of achievements in the field of IOTA Chasing and DXpedition work. For more information, please visit your groups website and follow the links.
fpr The World Radio Club.